Call for Proposals
The UCI Water Energy Nexus (WEX) Center promotes comprehensive and trans-disciplinary approaches to water, energy efficiency, and greenhouse gas reduction in the water sector of urban environments.
For 2015-16, the WEX Center is offering up to $5000 cash support as funding for a multiple-investigator application aligning with the objectives of Center, for any of these:
- faculty support for writing an extramural grant application;
- matching fund for a grant application that requires matching;
- planning an academic-industrial workshop that focuses research and innovation at the water-energy nexus.
Please visit wex.uci.edu for additional information of the Center.
- The topic presented must align with the focus of the UCI WEX Center and its objectives
- The grant application or workshop must take place between 1/5/2016 and 6/30/2016
- Priority will be given to faculty teams, especially those lead by non-tenured faculty
- Maximum funding available for this award: $5,000
For the workshop application, the WEX Center staff will help coordinating the venue booking. The workshop will be featured on the WEX Center website and the support of the WEX Center should be acknowledged in the workshop material.
Applicants should submit a proposal via email to the WEX Center manager, Dr. Reza Sobhani (email@example.com) as a single pdf file, including a cover letter, the application template and attaching any relevant material. Submittal deadline: January 4th, 2016.
The results of the selection will be made available in January 2016.